Tuesday, December 1, 2015

"ever since I left The City..."


                                I never fell off and I never will...

  • I respect the shit outta white people who send me the black fist emoji
  • The other day I put the two chicks I was fuckin' with the most in a group text together b/c I get bored easy
  • I have one of the most creative minds in Delaware
  • If you're in the military your girlfriend is definitely cheating on you
  • Don't act weak.. ever
  • I've lost track of how many times I've been featured in the newspaper (honestly it's not very important anyway)
  • You can only enjoy listening to Lit AF if you have a good ear for music and high self-esteem

  • True friends know exactly how to lie for you without discussing it; in any situation
  • Every time I get a snapchat of women singing my songs on their way to work I think I could run for governor if I wanted
  • Your boss talks to you like shit bc you don't stand for anything
  • I'm the next great innovator -




---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


     In a follow-up to Cypher Clique's Fall 2013 effort, The City, the Dover-based group will be releasing a thrilling winter-themed project early next year tentatively called; The District.  The production will be handled mostly by Cypher Clique's own D-Major, along with hits from Dope Boi Beatz, a Los Angeles producer who is credited with Bryson Tiller's "Don't".  The full length project will sonically contrast the group's critically acclaimed summer album, Love the Universe (still available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play, and most musical outlets.)  The album will also be accompanied by an interactive short story, adding to the art and feel of the project as a whole.  
Stay supportive, Stay engaged, & Stay tuned...  

The District , *1st Quarter - 2016



...
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------
------

"Don't be fooled by the money, 
I'm still just young and unlucky... 
I'm surprised you couldn't tell."


When I was in high school I used to think that the girls who came home from college for holiday breaks and random weekend visits were doing too much, too mixy - in a sense, were just looking for attention.  Then I moved to 3 different counties in 3 years, and I became the one coming home for holidays.  I became the one calling my friends to see if they could make time for a sesh before I had to leave.  I became the person hitting up all the old flames to see if we were still good.  Calling all the wrong numbers for the wrong reasons.  But now when I come back to Dover I come for one reason.  I don't want approval from anyone on anything - I don't want your opinion about my hair or the way I spend my money - I don't care about being in the mix or hitting every party as I slide through - now on the rare occasions I come back to Dover I just want.. to make history.  I think everyone that knows me understands how I view the world - how I view how we treat each other and how the things we say last a lifetime - how I view the different emotions we go through during the day - how I view trust and untrustworthy people.   At one point, when I was willing and innocent and impressionable and ambitious and wasteful and naive; at one point I believed that I could save the world.  But now - I just want to be remembered forever as someone who tried.  And this is how I start...

         *a Diamond Group production


{---

The rock was sharp enough to pierce the skin. A circular granite rock lay amidst the high weeds by the old train station that looked to be deserted, despite the few anxious passengers waiting to board.  The rock would have been perfect for skimming across a pond, or carving initials into the side of one of the abandoned trains, but instead he grabbed it and with a slight flick of the wrist, flung the rock towards the nearest building with ease.  As the sharp object sailed through the sky, he thought about his baseball days back in high school. Once an all star pitcher, he was used to chucking circular, oblong objects through the air.  He also considered the previous day and night.  A night that changed his life.  Because much like the rock that somehow seemed to float high in the air effortlessly, he and everyone else who witnessed knew for fact, that eventually it would return back to a resting place.  Be it the ground some 200 feet away, or through shattered glass landing in an abandoned building.  ‘What goes up, must come down,’ he thought to himself.  All the movies he watched for years about what high school was supposed to be like were all wrong.  Imagine a world where the most outgoing and athletic students in the school gets the ambitious and joyful cheerleaders, to grow old, raise a family, and hopefully avoid granite rocks chucked into their windows by inconspicuous assailants.  Either way, the insurance will cover it.  This type of story only exists in Hollywood studios though.  In real life, well at least in this young man’s real life, conquering a girl’s heart requires a much more strenuous task then he had seen repeatedly on Lifetime movie specials and Teen Nick.  But one night…. Last night.   

He lost sight of the rock as it sailed through the air, but the precision by which he through it, he knew where and how it would land.  It would come crashing down into one of the windows of the abandoned buildings, and judging by the amount of witnesses and train station workers around, he knew that there was a chance that this impulsive, yet juvenile decision would come with a consequence.

“Hey  : ). Good game today. You did great!” – He replayed the text message over and over in his head as he tried to make sense of the events of the night before.  

“Thank you.” He couldn’t think of anything else to say.  He hadn’t known who the text was from, or even if it was meant for him.  He had allowed 5 runs in 6 innings, only to be bailed out by a late homerun by his best friend on the team.  Truthfully he hated baseball.  To be even more honest, he hated school.  He hated his girlfriend. He hated drugs, alcohol, commitment, small talk, pet fish, and even the extra crust of ketchup that’s constantly stuck at the top of the Heinz bottle in his refrigerator.

The rock loosely represented a part of him that he had lost forever.  The day before, he responded to the unknown text message, not with a “Thank you” as he should have, but a “Who’s this?” as if to open up some possibility that there was a conversation yet to be had between the two.  A star baseball player and an unknown admirer that needed to explain why and how they chose to send such a random message.  Or maybe it was a signal.  Maybe it was a gateway for two people to be introduced to each other.  Maybe, no matter the outcome of the game, a conversation needed to be had between the two.  And it happened.  They talked for nearly 2 hours.  He found out that she was in 3 of his classes even though they’ve never spoken a word to each other.  And after 2 hours of animated discussion, somehow lost in the prospect of chance and opportunity, he found himself at the doorstep of her 3 story, suburban home.  No cars were in the driveway because her parents were away and she totaled hers last week late at night during a situation she explained that “doesn’t even really matter”. He didn’t even really want to know.
The rock represented something so meaningless and pointless to others, something he had wanted to throw away for years now but just couldn’t find the means or the know how to do so.  It represented an objective view of right and wrong.  The rock represented his innocence.  And as soon as he let it go, there was nothing in the world he wanted more than to have it back.   ---}








                                                               - luco di'blazío

No comments:

Post a Comment